We collect personal and non-personal data from you when you use our Services. Personal Data is data that includes a personal identifier such as a name, phone number, email address, or is data that could reasonably be linked back to you. Non-personal data is data that on its own cannot reasonably be linked back to you or data that is combined with other data in a way that cannot be reasonably linked back to you.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, uploading information about yourself and your skills/requirements to the app, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our site or app to order or request any information about any of our products or services, or if you report a problem with our site or app. This information that you give us may include your name, address, email address and/or phone number, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other personally identifiable information you directly give us on our Site.
- Information we automatically collect. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, Internet protocol (IP) address, how long you spent on a page, access times,information about your use of and actions on our Site, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site/app (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our contact number, and location data from your mobile telecommunication device or your IP address. If you turn on your devices geo-location function (or ‘GPS’) and use Toptask while it is active then we will use your geo-location data to match you with other users of the service who are in close proximity to you. Our processing of this kind of data is temporary and is only done in the course of delivering the app’s services to you. We do not store any geo-location data which you provide to us.
- Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from other sources and/or organisations. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may collect background check and identity verification information for users. This may include information such as employment history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on our behalf.
- Information exchanged via the App: For security and customer service purposes, we reserve the right to oversee any exchange of information and communication between users via the App.
Use made of the information:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use your personal information: 1) to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services; 2) to provide the app and site’s functionality to you, which includes the process of matching you with other users of the service, advertising your services/assignments to them, and facilitating you making contact with them in order to agree on the terms of assignments, and generally to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services; 3) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; 4) to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners; 5) to process and deliver contest entries and rewards 6) to link or combine user information with other personal information; 7) to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; 8) to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service; 9) to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages, and to notify you about changes to our service.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information: 1) to administer our site/app and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; 2) to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device; 3) to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; 4) as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; 5) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; 6) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information:
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and our partner company in the United Kingdom, Toptask UK Ltd.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- In order to facilitate the services we provide, we may share aspects of the information that you provide with other users. For example, when an Employer posts a Task we will share the details of that task with relevant Students. We will share a Student’s name, rating, applicant’s message, and other data with and Employer when they make an application to perform a particular task.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others (often known as ‘programmatic’ advertising).
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may share your personal information as follows:
- With your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- In the event that we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- If Toptask US Inc. as well as all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- With those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Where we store your personal data::
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
As part of our commitment to user safety, we fully comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has used our Service and has given us personally identifiable information, we will delete the information about the child when that parent or guardian contacts us; please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOPTASK US INC.
221 River St, 9th Floor
Hoboken, New Jersey 07030